9 in. Recipe Right…
Cherry Lattice Pie
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon and orange , finely chopped
- Easy-Add No Color Almond Extract Add to shopping list No Color Almond Extract
- Red-Red Icing Color (optional)Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven to 375º F.
Roll out crust into an 11-inch circle. Place in pie pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until crust light golden brown.
Roll out second crust into an 11-inch circle. With a knife or pastry wheel cut eight 1/2- inch strips.
In large bowl, combine cherries, lemon and orange zest and almond extract. Pour into pre-baked pie shell. Place pastry strips horizontally, then vertically, across the top of the pie and lightly brush with egg yolk-water mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool before serving.