Cherry Cream Cheese Muffin
- 1 cup thawed frozen cherries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter , softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Easy-Add No Color Almond Extract Add to shopping list No Color Almond Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray muffin cups with vegetable pan spray.
Squeeze the juice out of the thawed cherries with a paper towel. Set aside.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter with electric mixer until light and creamy. Add sugar, eggs, sour cream and extract; mix well. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat flour mixture into cream cheese mixture, just until moistened. With a wooden spoon, stir in cherries. Do not over mix.
Fill muffin cups 1/2 full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.