Perfect Results An…
Celebration Angel Food Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar , divided
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations + extra for topEasy-Add Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations Add to shopping list Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations
- 12 egg whites , at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder , sifted
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
About 10-12 servings.
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Sift flour with 3/4 cup sugar 3 times; stir in sprinkles and set aside.
In large bowl, beat egg whites and salt with electric mixer until foamy; add cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1 cup granulated sugar, adding 1/4 cup at a time, beating well after each addition until soft peaks form. With large spatula, gently fold in vanilla extract. Gently fold in flour mixture 1/4 cup at a time over egg whites with an over and under motion after each addition. Fold additional 10 strokes after last addition until flour is well blended. Gently transfer batter to ungreased pan. With spatula or knife, cut through batter gently.
Bake on lower oven rack 50-60 minutes or until top is browned and cake tester comes out clean. Invert pan on counter to cool cake thoroughly (about 2 hours).
In large bowl, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add cocoa powder and confectioners' sugar; continue whipping until firm enough to spread.