Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese softened
- 6 eggs
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup sour cream , divided
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 small Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup + 3-4 tbsp. caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
Cheesecake serves 10-12.
Preheat oven to 325°F. In medium bowl, combine all crust ingredients. Press mixture into bottom of springform pan. Bake 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool completely.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at time, vanilla and 3/4 cup sour cream. Beat in sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon until mixture is smooth. Gently fold in caramel ice cream topping and apples. Pour into cooled crust. Place a shallow pan of water on bottom rack of oven. Place springform pan on cookie sheet in oven. Bake 1 - 1 1/4 hours. Turn oven off and leave for 1 hour. Remove from oven and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Just before serving, prepare topping. In small bowl, blend 1 cup sour cream and confectioners' sugar; spread over top of cheesecake. Drizzle ice cream topping over sour cream mixture. Using knife or small spatula, gently pull caramel though sour cream.