Candy Thumbprints Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter (cut into 16 pieces)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole pecans
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Pink Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Pink Candy Melts® Candy
Makes about 4 dozen cookies. Each cookie serves 1.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In food processor, combine flour, sugar and salt. Pulse several times to mix.
Add butter and pulse until butter is broken up and incorporated with the flour to form a crumbly mixture.
Add 1 cup whole pecans to flour mixture in food processor.
In small bowl, combine egg yolks, milk and vanilla; add to flour mixture. Pulse until dough comes together.
Turn out onto waxed paper and form a disk.
Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
When ready to bake, form dough into 1-inch balls; place on cookie sheet and press a Candy Melt into the center of each cookie.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden.