Candy Thumbprints Cookies
5-In-1 Cookie and Appetizer Dough is a perfect solution for busy schedules. This one basic dough can be changed to make five different cookie and appetizer recipes. Because the dough can be refrigerated (or frozen), it's convenient to bake whenever guests drop in unexpectedly.
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 sticks butter (cut into 16 pieces)
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon milk
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
1 cup whole pecans
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Pink Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Pink Candy Melts® Candy
Makes about 4 dozen cookies. Each cookie serves 1.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In food processor, combine flour, sugar and salt. Pulse several times to mix.
Add butter and pulse until butter is broken up and incorporated with the flour to form a crumbly mixture.
Add 1 cup whole pecans to flour mixture in food processor.
In small bowl, combine egg yolks, milk and vanilla; add to flour mixture. Pulse until dough comes together.
Turn out onto waxed paper and form a disk.
Chill dough for at least 2 hours.
When ready to bake, form dough into 1-inch balls; place on cookie sheet and press a Candy Melt into the center of each cookie.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden.