Cookie Sheets & Je…
Butterfly Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- Easy-Add no-color almond extract Add to shopping list no-color almond extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Non-pareil Sprinkles Add to shopping list Non-pareil Sprinkles
- Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment (Butterfly and Wildflowers Mix used)Easy-Add Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment Add to shopping list Flowerful Medley 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment
- Vanilla or other favorite flavor ice cream softened
Makes about 8 servings.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
Beat in egg and extracts; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time; mix well after each addition. Do not chill dough.
Divide dough into 2 balls. On floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick.
Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use. Cut into butterfly shape.
Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 7-8 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.
While cookies are cooling, spoon softened ice cream (about 1/2-inch thick) onto small cookie sheet; freeze until firm.
Decorate cooled cookies with edible food markers as desired. Cut butterfly shapes from ice cream using cookie cutter
Place between cooled cookies; dip edges of ice cream sandwich into sprinkles. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to enjoy.