Butter Pecan Cake Ball Pops
- 1 box (about 18 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Easy-Add no-color butter flavor Add to shopping list no-color butter flavor
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Decorator White Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Decorator White Icing
- 1 cup chopped pecans , toasted and divided
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray one 13 x 9 x 2 in. sheet pan or two 8 in. or 9 in. round pans with vegetable pan spray.
In large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil and 1/2 teaspoon butter flavor; beat at medium speed with electric mixer 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 30-35 minutes for round pans; 35-40 minutes for sheet pan, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling grid and cool completely. Divide cake in half; freeze one half for future use.
In small bowl, combine icing with remaining 1/2 teaspoon butter flavor. In large bowl, use hands to crumble cake until no large chunks remain. Add icing and 1/2 cup pecans; mix with fingers until well combined. Form mixture into cake balls. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
Melt Candy Melts according to package directions. Dip sticks into melted Candy Melts and insert into cake balls; let set. Wait until candy is completely firm before dipping the pops completely in melted Candy Melts. Before candy sets, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans; let set.
Makes 48 - 1 tablespoon sized cake ball pops (each about 1-1/4 in. diameter)
Makes 24 - 2 tablespoon sized cake ball pops (each about 1-1/2 in. diameter)
Makes 16 - 3 tablespoon sized cake ball pops (each about 1-3/4 in. diameter)