Perfect Results 8 …
Blueberry Brunch Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw frozen berries)
About 8-10 servings.
Preheat oven to 325º F. Spray 8-inch square pan with vegetable pan spray.
In large bowl, cream butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add alternately with sour cream to butter mixture. Mix until smooth. In a small bowl, combine nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Spread half the batter into prepared pan. Mix blueberries with 3/4 cup nut mixture; sprinkle over batter. Top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in middle comes out clean.