10 1/2 x 15 1/2 x …
Black Forest Biscotti Cookie
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup special dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond liqueur (optional)
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- Easy-Add No Color Almond Extract Add to shopping list No Color Almond Extract
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line Cookie Pan with Parchment Paper.
In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, liqueur, if desired, vanilla and almond extracts. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; mix to form stiff dough. Shape dough to form 3 x 12 in. loaf. Place on prepared cookie pan.
Bake 22-25 minutes. Remove from oven; transfer loaf to Cooling Grid. Let stand until cool to touch. Using serrated bread knife, slice loaf diagonally crossways into 1/2-inch thick slices. Place slices on cookie pan, sliced side down.
Bake 12-15 minutes, turning biscotti over half way through baking. Remove from oven; transfer to cooling grid. Cool completely.
Place Candy Melts in 1-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50% Power 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted. Drizzle chocolate over cooled biscotti. Allow chocolate to set. Store in airtight container until ready to serve.
Cook's Tips: Dough that is too moist will not hold its shape. If the dough is moist, turn onto floured work surface and work in additional flour. Avoid over-working the dough.
Gift Giving Tip: Place biscotti in individual Pretzel Treat Bags and secure with twist ties. Place each filled treat bag in a glass Irish coffee mug. Tie a festive ribbon around the handle of the mug and personalize it with a Home Made Sticker.