Banana Walnut Bread
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine , softened
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine , softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas , peeled and mashed
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
About 8-10 servings.
Step 1Preheat oven to 325ºF. Lightly spray pan with vegetable cooking spray.
Step 2For topping, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
Step 3In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
Step 4In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, bananas and vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; mix just until blended. (Do not overmix.) Gently stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan. Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter.
Step 5Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely.
2 Reviews by the community
0 Questions by the community