Banana Split Cake
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana bread & muffin mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 pint (2 cups) strawberry ice cream , softened
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen strawberries
- 4 cups sweetened whipped cream + additional for garnish
- chocolate, caramel or strawberry ice cream topping (or a combination)
- Chopped nuts
- Maraschino cherries
About 8-10 servings.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray both pans in set with vegetable pan spray.
Prepare bread mix with water, oil and eggs following package instructions. Divide evenly between prepared pans; bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out with just a few crumbs attached. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
In small bowl, combine ice cream and strawberries; spoon into cooled cake cavities. Assemble cake by inverting one layer onto second layer. Spatula ice with whipped cream. Drizzle with ice cream topping; sprinkle nuts over top. Freeze at least 4 hours. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional whipped cream and cherries.