Skeleton in Casket…
Back From The Grave Cake
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/4 cups Granny Smith apples, diced (about 1 medium)
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Decorator Icing
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Skeleton Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Skeleton Pan
- Non-Stick Pan Spray
- medium bowl
- large bowl
- Easy-Add Measuring Cup Add to shopping list Measuring Cup
- Easy-Add Measuring Spoons Add to shopping list Measuring Spoons
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare 3D Skeleton Casket pan with vegetable pan spray.
In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and vanilla; mix well. Alternately add flour mixture and applesauce to butter mixture. Spread about 1/2 of cake batter so that it reaches the first horizontal line inside the pan. Sprinkle diced apples evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter, smoothing out the top.
Bake 58-62 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on cooling grid.
Decorate cooled cake with tip 5 and decorator icing.