Autumn Nut Cheesecake With Glazed Pecan Topping
- 1 cup Vanilla wafer cookies (about 36 wafers)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine , melted
- 4 packages cream cheese , softened (8 ounces each)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup thawed frozen orange juice concentrate , undiluted
Cheesecake serves 12-16.
Preheat oven to 300°F. In small bowl, combine crust ingredients; press firmly into springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.
In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually mix in zest and eggs, one at a time on low speed until just combined. Remove 1 cup batter, place in a small bowl; stir in juice concentrate; mix well. Spoon orange and plain batters alternately over crust. Swirl batters with knife several times for marbled effect. Bake in center of oven for 50-55 minutes or until set but still jiggly in center. Turn oven off and let sit 1 hour with oven door closed. Remove and cool cheesecake to room temperature. Chill 3-4 hours or overnight. Garnish with Glazed Pecans before serving.
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray round pan with vegetable pan spray. In large bowl, beat meringue powder and juice concentrate with mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar; continue beating until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla and pecans; stir until nuts are coated. Turn into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until nuts are golden brown. Cool completely.