Autumn Apple Pie
- 6 baking apples (make 6 cups sliced, peeled and cored)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (15 oz.) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- Easy-Add Harvest Mini Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Harvest Mini Metal Cutter Set
- Deep Dish Pie Pan or Plate
Preheat oven to 400°F. In large bowl, combine apple slices and lemon juice. In small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apple slices; mix well to coat.
Line deep dish pie pan with pie crust; fill with apple mixture. Using apple cutter, cut out vents in remaining pie crust. Place crust over filing, crimping and fluting edges. Arrange cut out pastry on top of pie; brush crust with egg white.
Bake 45-50 minutes or until apples are bubbly and crust is deep golden brown. Remove pie from oven. Cool pie in pan on cooling rack at least 1 hour before serving.
To keep edges from overbrowning, use thin strips of aluminum foil to cover edge of pie. Remove foil during last 20 minutes of baking.