Perfect Results 8 …
Apricot Brunch Cake
- 3/4 cup (about 4 oz.) chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 325ºF. Spray 8 in. square pan with vegetable pan spray.
In small bowl, soak chopped apricots in boiling water until plump, about 10 minutes; strain and pat dry.
In large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add alternately with sour cream to butter mixture; mix until smooth. In small bowl, combine nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Spread half the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle 3/4 cup nut mixture over batter and spread evenly with apricots; top with remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture. Bake 35-40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in middle comes out clean.