Deep Dish Apple Pie
- 6 cups peeled cored and sliced baking apples (about 6 large apples)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 egg white , lightly beaten
- Deep Dish Pie Pan or Plate
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
In large bowl, combine apple slices and lemon juice. In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples slices; mix well to coat.
Line deep dish pie pan with pie crust; fill with apple mixture. Place top crust over filling, crimping and fluting edges. Make several cuts in top crust to vent steam. Brush pie crust with egg white. Place pie pan on sheet pan to catch drippings.
Bake 45-50 minutes or until apples are bubbly and crust in deep golden brown. Remove pie from oven. Cool pie in pan on cooling rack at least 1 hour before serving.