Information Collected By the Company. The Company gathers the following types of information:
A. Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us: If you register to use the Service you may be asked to provide your contact information, including your name, email address, postal address, phone number and fax number and you may be required to create a user name and password. If you place an order through the Service, you may be asked to provide your billing information, including your name and a payment card number, expiration date and security code, as well as the postal address associated with that payment card. If the postal address associated with your payment card information is different than the shipping address that will be used to fulfill your order, you will also need to provide the applicable postal address for shipment. We may also occasionally ask you to provide demographic information, such as your age or gender, however, providing this information is entirely voluntary and you will not be required to provide any demographic information in order to use the Service or place an order through the Service. We may also collect information that you provide to us when you communicate with any of our departments such as customer service, sales or technical services.
If you use the "email a friend" functionality on the Service to notify a friend about a product or service offered through the Service, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. If you provide your friend's name and email address we will automatically send the friend an email from you. We do not use the email you provide to send any communication other than the email you send to your friend.
If you do not provide us with the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services offered through the Service.
B. Information That We Automatically Collect From Your Computer: We (or service providers on our behalf) may automatically collect information from you using "cookies" or "web beacons". Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer's Internet browser or on your mobile device and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit, as well as by the companies that place advertising on websites, so that they can recognize your device and remember if you have visited a website previously. Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies and the time and date of a page viewed.
Information collected by cookies and web beacons may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Service;
- the date and time of your visit to the Service;
- the websites you visit before or after visiting the Service;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- whether you open an email and whether you click on any link contained in an email message that we send you; and/or
- your purchase history.
We may use data we automatically collect from you (i) to help us recognize you as a previous visitor to the Service, (ii) with your prior consent, to serve relevant online advertising to you or to analyze trends and statistics, and (iii) to improve your experience of the Service.
You can set your web browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. However, your web browser may not be able to refuse or remove flash cookies. To learn more about flash cookies, you may visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html. If you set your browser to limit or remove cookies, some features of the Service may be unavailable or unable to function properly.
We will retain the information that we automatically collect from your computer only for as long as necessary to provide you with the Service and to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our rights. Information collected using cookies will only be retained for a six (6)-month period.
C. Information Received from Mobile Devices. When you access the Service through a mobile device we, or third party service providers on our behalf, will receive and collect the device type and device i.d. We may use these identifiers and information to track your use of the Service. If you access the Service through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device's location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
2. Third Parties' Use of Web Beacons and Web Cookies. The Service may include third-party advertising, links to other websites, and other content from third-party businesses. These third-party sites, businesses, and advertisers, or advertising companies working on their behalf, may use web beacons and cookies to measure the effectiveness of their ads, personalize or optimize advertising content and to track users who link from their respective websites to the Service.
We do not have access to or control over web beacons or cookies that these third parties may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the different websites you visit.
We will obtain your consent in connection with the use of third party cookies on the Service.
In addition, some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
3. Product Reviews and Discussion Forums. Any information you submit to the Service as part of a product review or a discussion forum will be publicly available and can be read, collected, or used by us and other users of the Service. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances and you should not post any information that you do not want the Company, other users, or the public generally, to know.
4. Use of Information Collected By Us. We use the information described above to process and fulfill any orders you place through the Service including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment, to communicate with you and, with your consent to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone or text message or other means about our products, services, contests and promotions. We may also use this information to help us develop and improve the Service, and to tailor the Service to your interests. You may opt-out of receiving emails from us by contacting us in accordance with Section 9 below, or following the "unsubscribe" instructions in the applicable email.
- Payment Card Companies: If you place an order through the Service, the information you provide will be transmitted to your credit card company to verify and authorize your purchase.
- Third Party Marketing Partners: If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from third parties, we may, from time to time, share your name and postal mailing address with a few carefully selected third party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you. We will not share any email or credit card information which you have given us with any of these third party marketing partner(s). In addition, if you would like us to stop providing your information to our third party marketing partners, you may opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, sending a letter to Wilton Brands LLC, Attention: Chief Information Officer, 2240 West 75th Street, Woodridge, IL 60517 or calling us at (630) 963-7100.
- Shipping Providers: If you make a purchase through the Service, your name, telephone number and shipping information must be provided to third party shippers such as UPS, FEDEX and the United States Postal Service to deliver your purchase.
- Third Party Transaction-Level Data: If you visit the Service from a third-party website the third-party website may be able to access select information from your individual transaction information. In order to track and credit your transaction the third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Service. Any transactions made at the Service while this type of code is active will be reported back to the third party website. We will only report information that does not identify you personally to these websites, such as the date of the transaction, the product(s) purchased and the amount spent. We will not report any information to these third party websites that will allow them to personally identify you. The presence of a third party navigation bar at the top of any page on the Service is an indication that the third party website may be able to see your activity on the Service.
- Law Enforcement and Protection of Users: To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates or customers. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- Business Transfer. In the event that the Company is sold, has its assets acquired or transferred, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, or merges or becomes affiliated with any other division, individual or entity, any customer information owned or under the control of the Company may be one of the transferred assets. We reserve the right, as part of this type of transaction, to transfer or assign your information and other information we have collected from users of the Service.
9. Corrections/Information Removal/Opt-Out. If your name, e-mail or postal address, telephone number or other information changes, you may update, correct or delete the relevant information by contacting us at email@example.com. .
In addition, if you no longer wish to receive promotional communications from us you may opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, sending a letter to: Wilton Brands LLC, Attention: Chief Information Officer, 2240 West 75th Street, Woodridge, IL 60517 or by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing e-mail you receive from us.
You may also request information about how, where and why we collect and use your information, including information about how we share your information with third parties, by contacting us at email@example.com.
12. Use of Information Outside of Your Country of Residence. By using the Service, you hereby consent to the collection, transfer, storage, processing, and other use of your information in the United States. You acknowledge that your information and other information may be subject to the privacy and data protection laws that may not be the same as applicable laws and regulations in your country of residence.
The Company complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Click Here for a copy of our Safe Harbor Policy. The Company has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view the Company's certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
14. Special Notice for Users Located in Countries that are Part of the European Economic Area. The information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), and principally the United States. It may be processed by staff operating outside of the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By using the Service, you hereby consent to the collection, transfer, storage, processing, and other use of your information in the United States or other applicable destination. You acknowledge that your information and other information may be subject to the privacy and data protection laws and regulations of the United States or other applicable destination, which may not be the same as applicable laws and regulations in your country of residence.
Last modified on September 20, 2013