Infants Love Elephants! Cake
Turn a Teddy Bear Pan cake into an endearing elephant. We provide the patterns for creating cookie ears and trunk and instructions for using piped icing to fashion stuffed-animal fur and stitching.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Pink Icing Color Add to shopping list Pink Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 12; cookies serve 1.
- Easy-Add Teddy Bear Pan Add to shopping list Teddy Bear Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
In advance: Make trunk and ears. Prepare and roll out cookie dough. Use pattern to cut out trunk and 2 ears (flip pattern for 2nd ear). Bake and cool. Attach Lollipop Sticks to back of ears using melted candy; allow 2 in. to extend at bottom to insert into cake. Let set.
Bake and cool cake. Trim ear areas to 1 in. high; trim edges as needed to match shape of cookie ears. Ice smooth inside of ears and trunk opening on cookies and paw pads on cake.
Pipe tip 5 dot eyes; flatten slightly with fingertip dipped in cornstarch. Add tip 2 dot highlights.
Cover cake with tip 16 stars; position trunk and ear cookies and trim with tip 16 stars. Add tip 2 outline stitching details.
*Combine Violet with Pink and Royal Blue for violet shown. Combine Pink with Royal Blue for pink shown. Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.