Zigzag Ombre Cake!
This cake makes feeling blue a good thing! Serve at a baby shower, birthday or Father’s Day. Use Wilton Decorating Tip 1M and five shades of blue icing to easily create the ombre!
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 16 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 16 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 13 in. Round Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 13 in. Round Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Leveler Add to shopping list Cake Leveler
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 8 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- food-safe scissors
- Easy-Add 13 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 13 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add 11 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 11 in. Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
Make cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool cake. Cake is three-layers, 5 in. high (trim one layer to 1 in.). Place on a foil-wrapped cake circle.
Ice cake. Prepare buttercream icing following recipe directions. Tint five shades of blue; reserve some white. Use spatula to ice cake smooth.
Decorate cake. Use tip 1M and tinted icing to pipe three zigzags in each shade on cake side, starting from darkest shade to lightest shade.