You’re the Star! Cake
Create a stellar celebration with a bright and colorful cake that has universal appeal to kids and adults alike. Decorating is fun and easy using Sugar Sheets! and our easy-to-use Rotary Cutter and tools.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Black Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Black Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Red Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Red Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Bright Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Bright Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Blue Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Blue Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
Cake serves 12
- Easy-Add Star Pan Add to shopping list Star Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters Add to shopping list Circles Nesting Cookie Cutters
- Easy-Add Single Shape Punch Set Add to shopping list Single Shape Punch Set
- Easy-Add Layered Hearts Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Layered Hearts Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Layered Circles Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Layered Circles Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Scallop Border Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Scallop Border Cutting Insert
Bake and cool star cake. Place on foil-wrapped cake board cut into star shape. Ice smooth with yellow buttercream.
Attach jumbo confetti randomly to sides of cake.
For the mouth, use second largest circle cutter to cut a 4 in. diameter circle from Black Sugar Sheets! Trim off a 2 1/4 in. crescent to shape the smile. For the tongue, use punch with Medium Heart Cutting Insert to cut a heart from Red Sugar Sheets! Using scissors, cut off bottom quarter of heart; trim off scallops to make smooth edge; attach to mouth with piping gel.
For cheeks and nose, use punch with Small Circle Cutting Insert to cut three circles from Bright Yellow Sugar Sheets! For eyes, use punch with Oval Cutting Insert to cut two ovals from White Sugar Sheets! For pupils, use punch with Small Circle Cutting Insert to cut two circles from Black Sugar Sheets! Trim to match bottom of eye. Attach pupils to eyes with piping gel.
Position facial features on cake with piping gel. Attach mouth 1 in. from bottom. Attach cheeks at corner of mouth. Attach nose 1 in. up from mouth. Attach eyes 5/8 in. apart.
Using scissors and cake pan as a guide, cut a hat shape from Light Blue Sugar Sheets! Using Rotary Cutter, cut four strips, 3/8 in. wide, from Red Sugar Sheets! Attach to hat diagonally, 1/2 in. apart, using piping gel.
Using border punch with Scallop Border Cutting Insert, cut strip, 4 3/4 long x 1/2 in. wide, from Red Sugar Sheets! Punch scallops on both sides. Attach to bottom of hat with piping gel. Attach hat to cake with piping gel.