Your Proudest Day Cake
Cake serve 27.
- Oval Pan Set (7 3/4 x 5 5/8 in., 16 1/2 x 12 3/8 in. used)Easy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 20 Add to shopping list Tip: 20
- Easy-Add Tip: 129 Add to shopping list Tip: 129
- Easy-Add Tip: 225 Add to shopping list Tip: 225
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Sweet Couple Figurine Add to shopping list Sweet Couple Figurine
- Easy-Add Newborn Baby Figurines Add to shopping list Newborn Baby Figurines
- Easy-Add Italic Make-Any-Message Press Set Add to shopping list Italic Make-Any-Message Press Set
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Show 'N Serve cake board (14 x 20 inch needed)Easy-Add Show 'N Serve cake board Add to shopping list Show 'N Serve cake board
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Color Tray Add to shopping list Color Tray
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make bench. Tint 2 in. fondant ball light brown; knead in 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 1 1/4 x 3 1/4 in. rectangle for seat. For legs, trim 4 lollipop sticks to 3 1/4 in. Roll out fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut 5/8 x 1 1/4 in. strip. Brush back with damp brush and wrap around one end of stick leaving 2 in. exposed to insert into cake; smooth seam. Let all pieces dry on cornstarch-dusted board. When dry, attach legs to seat using fondant adhesive; let dry at least 48 hours. Also: Make royal icing drop flowers. Pipe 75 with tip 225 in light rose and 75 with tip 129 in dark rose (make extras to allow for breakage). Pipe tip 2 dot centers; let dry. And: Use thinned royal icing to paint dress and shoes on ornament; let dry. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 3 x 3 in. piece to wrap around baby figurine. Brush back with damp brush and position on couple ornament; let dry.
Bake and cool cakes using smallest and largest oval pans from set. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant and Stacked Construction; cover and smooth with Fondant Smoother. Sponge thinned light green royal icing onto lower half of cake sides using crushed waxed paper. Stack cakes on foil-wrapped cake board cut to fit; position bench, inserting exposed end of sticks into cake. Using buttercream, pipe tip 20 shell bottom borders. Attach flowers; pipe tip 349 leaves. Imprint message on cake using message press; write tip 3 message. Position ornament.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more