Your Fanta-Seas Come True Cake
Life is good when you’re marooned on an edible island with a fondant monkey. Build this tropical retreat using two Round Pan cakes and Tall Tier Stand Set components.
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ivory Icing Color Add to shopping list Ivory Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
6 oz. Ground almonds
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1B Add to shopping list Tip: 1B
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 68 Add to shopping list Tip: 68
- Easy-Add From Tall Tier Stand Set: 14 in. Plate, two 6 1/2 in. Columns, Bottom Column Bolt Add to shopping list From Tall Tier Stand Set: 14 in. Plate, two 6 1/2 in. Columns, Bottom Column Bolt
- Glue-on Plate Legs (4 needed)
- Easy-Add Cake Corer Tube Add to shopping list Cake Corer Tube
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Quick Ease Roller Add to shopping list Quick Ease Roller
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Boy Perimeter Cutter Add to shopping list Boy Perimeter Cutter
- Easy-Add Girl Perimeter Cutter Add to shopping list Girl Perimeter Cutter
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- 17 pieces 22 gauge florist wire each 9 in. long
- Green floral tape
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Sharp Knife
One week in advance: using royal icing and tip 1B, make 60 star flowers (20 of each color--orange, rose and violet). Add tip 7 yellow dot centers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Tint a 2 in. diameter ball of Rolled Fondant copper (light skintone). Roll out on surface dusted with cornstarch. Using perimeter cutters, cut out a boy and girl, position on cornstarch-dusted cake board to dry. Using royal icing, pipe tip 2 dot and string facial features and hair. Outline and pipe-in clothes with tip 2; add dot and stripe details. Divide remaining fondant in half and tint brown and green. Using brown fondant: Cut out monkey. Dry on cornstarch-dusted cake board. Using royal icing, pipe tip 2 face in ivory (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Add tip 2 outline and dot details; add tip 4 pipe-in banana. To make tail: curve a 5 in. piece of wire, hook the end, cover 3 in. in rolled fondant. Let dry and attach the wire to body of monkey using royal icing. Cover remaining brown fondant airtight in plastic wrap and reserve for later use. Using green fondant: Cut 16 palm leaves. Add veins to leaves using veining tool in Confectionery Tool
Set. Fold aluminum foil into arches and position leaves on foil, let dry 3 days. Wrap florist wire in floral tape and attach to leaves with Royal icing. Let dry.
Glue plate legs onto 14 in. plate. Position 1-layer 12 in. round tier on plate, ice in buttercream icing and prepare for stacked construction.
Cut hole in center using Cake Corer Tube. Cut hole in 8 in. cake board, position 1-layer 6 in. tier on board and ice, spreading icing heavily to end of board. Sprinkle with ground almonds while icing is still moist. Stack tiers. Spatula ice 12 in. tier fluffy to resemble waves. Attach the two 6-1?2 columns together, and attach to plate with bottom column bolt. Roll out remaining brown fondant and cut 58 bark shapes. Attach shapes to column using brushstrokes of water beginning at the bottom, bending shapes to fit. Arrange palm leaves and insert wires into column. Hang monkey on one wired leaf. Position boy and girl, securing with dots of icing, if necessary. Position flowers and pipe tip 68 buttercream leaves.