Writing a New Chapter Cake
The Book Pan is perfect for creating your graduation story line! Here, we’ve added a Smiley Grad Pan student to create an inspiring combo cake.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 36.
- Easy-Add Book Pan Add to shopping list Book Pan
- Easy-Add Smiley Grad Pan Add to shopping list Smiley Grad Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 17 Add to shopping list Tip: 17
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Decorating Comb Add to shopping list Decorating Comb
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Double-thick Cardboard or 1/2 in. thick Foam Core Board (12 1/4 x 16 1/4 inches)
In advance: Prepare base boards. For book, cut foamcore 1 in. larger than Book Pan on all sides. Tint 48 oz. fondant brown; cover boards. For grad cake, cut cake boards using Smiley Grad pan as a guide; wrap with foil.
Ice book cake smooth. Comb sides using small tooth edge of comb. Position on prepared board. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut to cover cake top; position and trim as needed. Pipe tip 5 bead bottom border.
Step 3For grad cake, outline features with tip 4. Pipe in pupils and whites of eyes with tip 5, mouth and tongue with tip 4. Cover face with tip 17 stars; overpipe nose and cheeks. Cover mortarboard top with tip 17 stars, base with tip 16 stars. Pipe button with tip 4. Pipe tip 4 lines for hair, tassel cord and pull-out fringe. Pipe tip 4 ball knot. For each hand, shape a 2 in. ball of fondant into a slightly flattened oval about 3 x 2 in.; use knife to cut and shape fingers. Position on book cake and cover with tip 17 stars. Add tip 4 message. Position cakes.
*Combine Brown with Black and Red-Red for brown fondant shown.