Working on Your Wishes Cake
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugars Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugars
- Easy-Add White Sparkling Sugar Add to shopping list White Sparkling Sugar
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Classic Wonder Mold Add to shopping list Classic Wonder Mold
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Heart Comfort Grip™ Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Heart Comfort Grip™ Cookie Cutter
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
In advance: Make fondant wings, upper body and tiara. For wings, add 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 4 oz. fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick and cut 2 hearts using cutter; let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Cut two lollipop sticks to 5 in. and attach to back of wings with melted candy for positioning on cake. Tint 30 oz. fondant blue; mix 8 oz. with 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex and reserve remainder. Use 5 oz. to shape upper body, 2 1/2 x 2 1/4in. wide. Press top with finger to indent a curve for head to rest. Insert lollipop stick in bottom center; remove. Cut stick to 3 1/4 in. and insert horizontally, about 3/4 in. from top, extending evenly on each side to hold sleeves.
For sleeves, shape two 1 in. balls into teardrops. Indent narrow end of sleeve with finger; indent pleat lines with lollipop stick. Insert over sticks on upper body. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Roll out remaining blue fondant mixture 1/8 in. thick.
Cut tiara using pattern; shape into a "U" and let dry. Cut star using smallest Cut-Out; for jewels, roll one 1/4 in. and four 1/8 in. balls; flatten and let dry.
Also: Make candy head. Tint melted candy light orange using candy color. Mold 2 candy shells, 1/8 in. thick, in Mini Ball Pan. Attach 2 halves together using melted candy. Warm the end of a sharp knife and create a small hole at bottom seam to fit lollipop stick. Tint 3 oz. fondant copper; mix with 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex. Tint 1/2 oz. each black and rose. Roll 1/4 in. ball for nose, 1/8 in. ball pupils, flatten and shape oval eyes, roll a thin log for mouth and 1/4 in. ball cheeks. Attach all with damp brush. Reserve copper fondant.
Bake and cool Wonder Mold cake. Prepare and cover with reserved blue fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Insert stick in cake top; position upper body. Attach head to upper body, securing with melted candy. Using reserved copper fondant, roll 3/4 x 3 1/2 in. logs for arms. Flatten end and indent fingers with knife. Attach inside sleeves with melted candy; let set. Roll out blue fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut a 1/4 x 8 in. strip and attach for waistband with damp brush. Tint 5 oz. fondant yellow; mix with 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex. Roll out 1/8 in. thick and cut a 5 x 1 1/2 in. strip to cover top of head for hair placement. Attach with damp brush. Cut star for wand using medium Cut-Out; attach to 4 in. lollipop stick with melted candy. Make yellow curliques for hair, wrapping strips around lollipop stick. Attach to head with damp brush, working from bottom to top. Before all hair is placed, attach tiara with damp brush. Tint 5 oz. fondant light blue and roll 12 ropes, 8 x 1/4 in. diameter. Attach to hem with damp brush, in loops 2 x 1 1/4 in. wide, with a 2 in. tail extending to right. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut 12 smallest stars using Cut-Out and 12 dots using small end of tip 1A. Attach stars 1/4 in. above loops and attach dots at loop points. Cut 7 dots using small end of tip 10 and attach for necklace. Using tip 3 and icing, pipe swirls on wings; sprinkle with Sparkling Sugar. Insert wings into back of cake.