Wintery Blue Snowflake Cake
Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
blue candy-coated chocolates
- Easy-Add Blue Sugar Pearls Add to shopping list Blue Sugar Pearls
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Snowflake Tube Pan Add to shopping list Snowflake Tube Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- food-safe scissors
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
Make cake. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool cake. Place cake on a foil-wrapped cake board, cut to fit.
Ice cake. Prepare buttercream icing following recipe directions. Tint a portion blue; reserve some white. Use spatula and blue icing to ice cavities and sides of cake smooth. Use spatula and white icing to ice top of cake slightly fluffy.
Decorate cake. Use candy-coated chocolates to fill cavities. Use blue Sugar Pearls to form snowflake design and to place around cavities.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more