Winterized Guy Cake
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 16.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Oval Set (second smallest pan used)Easy-Add Oval Set Add to shopping list Oval Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set Add to shopping list Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make fondant trims. Tint fondant: 5 oz. black, 4 oz. green, 1/2 oz. each red, blue, orange, golden yellow. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to black and green. Roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed. Use patterns and Cutter/Embosser fitted with smooth edge wheel to cut scarf, hat, hatband, buckle and nose. Cut out center of buckle using knife. Use narrow end of tip 12 to cut 2 eyes. Use medium round Cut-Out to cut 2 buttons. Cut two 21/2 in. squares to brace hat. Let all pieces dry on waxed paper-covered boards dusted with cornstarch.
Cut and wrap base board. Use cake pans as a pattern, allowing 1 in. extra on all sides and overlapping 1 in. at bottom of round onto oval.
Bake and cool 1-layer cakes. Trim 1 in. off round cake at bottom edge. Prepare and cover with rolled fondant. Position on wrapped board. Use fondant adhesive to attach braces to back of hat; let dry several minutes. Attach fondant pieces to cake with icing.
* Combine Leaf Green with a little Lemon Yellow and Sky Blue for green shown.
Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red for red shown.
Combine Lemon Yellow with a little Golden Yellow and Red-Red for gold shown.