Wildlife Safari Cake
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Pretzel rods
- Your favorite 2-layer cake mix
- granulated brown sugar
- vegetable pan spray
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 366 Add to shopping list Tip: 366
- Easy-Add Small angled spatula Add to shopping list Small angled spatula
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cake Circle Add to shopping list Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Jungle Pals Topper Set Add to shopping list Jungle Pals Topper Set
- Easy-Add Jungle Pals Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Jungle Pals Icing Decorations
- Aluminum foil
- Craft Foam
Several days before decorating cake make palm trees. Cover backs of each mini ball cavity with an aluminum foil square; spray with vegetable pan spray. Using tip 366 and royal icing, pipe 6 leaves starting at the top center of the mini ball and pulling icing out to sides of the mini ball forming the top of the palm tree. Let dry overnight. Carefully remove foil from tree top; turn over tree top and pipe tip 12 royal icing mound in center. Trim 1/2 in. from end of pretzel rod; insert into icing. Let dry completely.
Bake your favorite 2-layer cake recipe or mix in round pan. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Arrange cake on foil-wrapped cake board.
Tint small portion of icing dark green; tint remaining icing light green. Ice cake smooth with light green icing; add blue gel on cake top for water "lake". Pipe tip 16 dark green pull-out grass tufts; insert palm trees. Sprinkle granulated brown sugar "sand" around tufts of grass. Attach icing decorations to cake sides. Add tip 16 pull-out grass bottom border; position toppers.