Wild Flower Bouquet Cake
Celebrate spring with bunches of fondant violets. Apply your personal touch by using Green Brush-On Color and a round artist’s brush to paint stems on the iced 6 in. Square Pan cake.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-to-Use Pastel Green Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-to-Use Pastel Green Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Green Brush-On Color™ Add to shopping list Green Brush-On Color™
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Flower Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Flower Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Color Tray Add to shopping list Color Tray
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rod
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Hidden Pillars Add to shopping list Hidden Pillars
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- 50 pieces 22-gauge florist wire (8 in. long needed)
- Florist tape
- Pizza cutter or knife
- Craft block
Two days in advance: Make fondant bow. Tint 18 oz. white fondant violet with a little rose; knead in 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. For loops, cut two 41/2 x 1 in. strips, let dry following instructions. For bow center, cut a 21/4 x 1/2 in. strip. Form a loop, brushing ends with water to attach; let dry. Attach center to loops with melted candy. Set aside.
One day in advance: Make fondant flowers and dark green leaves for bouquet. Combine 19 oz. of pastel green with 6 oz. of white fondant to make light green used for 10 in. cake. Tint 5 oz. of this mixture dark green using Kelly Green icing color and knead in 1/2 teaspoon of Gum-Tex.
Prepare 1-layer 10 in. cake and 3-layer 6 in. cake (bake two 2 in. layers and one 1 in. layer to create a 5 in. high cake) for stacked construction. Prepare cakes for fondant; cover and smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother.
For top cake, trim hidden pillar to 5 in. and insert into cake. Roll a 1/4 in. diameter log and attach around edge of pillar opening with damp brush. Roll out violet fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut 2 medium and 4 small flowers for each side of 6 in. cake using Cut-Outs. Roll small white fondant balls for centers and attach with damp brush. Attach flowers to cake with damp brush. Using Brush-On Color and round brush, paint stems, leaves and grass.
For bottom cake, roll out violet fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut 3/4 in. wide strips for bottom border; attach with damp brush, blending ends together. Cut two 4 in. long streamers, cut V-shapes in ends and attach with damp brush. Attach bow over streamers with melted candy. Insert a 1 in. ball of fondant in pillars to stabilize wired flowers. Insert flowers and leaves on wires in opening.
*Brand confectionery coating
**Note: Combine Violet with a little Rose for violet shown.