Wicked Tree Cake
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Spiders & Bats Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Spiders & Bats Icing Decorations
- Easy-Add Smiling Pumpkin Icing Decorations Add to shopping list Smiling Pumpkin Icing Decorations
Assorted Halloween Candies (including pumpkins, corn, wrapped chocolate eyeballs)
Candy-coated fruit dots
Cake serves 30.
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 32 Add to shopping list Tip: 32
- Easy-Add Wacky Witch Topper Add to shopping list Wacky Witch Topper
- Easy-Add Scary Ghost Topper Add to shopping list Scary Ghost Topper
- Crystal Clear Divider Set (8 in. separator plate needed)Easy-Add Crystal Clear Divider Set Add to shopping list Crystal Clear Divider Set
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rod Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rod
- Easy-Add Hidden Pillars Add to shopping list Hidden Pillars
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Styrofoam Cone (approximately 4 in. wide x 12 in. high)
- Waxed paper
Assemble tree 3-4 days in advance using royal icing. Cut Styrofoam cone to about 10 in. high. Cut wooden dowel rods into various lengths; position on waxed paper to form connecting branches and attach with royal icing. Let dry.
Attach cone to center of separator plate with royal icing. Ice eye and mouth areas of cone smooth. Push dowel rod branches into cone to create tree shape. Cover branches with tip 18 strings. Pipe tree roots and cover trunk with tip 32 and royal icing. Pipe tip 32 eyebrows. Attach chocolate eyeballs, icing decorations and candy on tree and around trunk.
Ice 2-layer cake smooth in buttercream. Position hidden pillars: Cut pillars to match cake height and push into cake at marks. Position tree on cake top, inserting feet of separator plate into hidden pillars. Position licorice around bottom border of cake to resemble broken fence. Arrange candy around bottom border and around base of tree, attaching with dots of icing when necessary. Position 2 wrapped eyeballs on trunk of tree. Position witch and ghost
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more