When Hearts Beat as One Mini Cakes
Mini cakes are a wonderful idea for a wedding shower or reception. Change the featured pastels shown here to shades of pink and red and you have a colorful Valentine’s Day idea!
- Easy-Add Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
64 oz. Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (makes 25 cakes)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Mini Heart Silicone Mold Add to shopping list Mini Heart Silicone Mold
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 102 Add to shopping list Tip: 102
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Cakes 'N More™ 3 Tiered Party Stand Add to shopping list Cakes 'N More™ 3 Tiered Party Stand
- Easy-Add Nesting Hearts Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Hearts Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Flower Nail No. 7 Add to shopping list Flower Nail No. 7
- Paring Knife
- Waxed paper
Bake and cool cakes; unmold. Prepare one chocolate fondant recipe.
Prepare cakes for rolled fondant. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut fondant heart using 3rd smallest cutter and position on cake tops, trimming to fit heart shape.
Roll out chocolate fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 8 x 1 1/2 in. wide strips; wrap around cake sides, trimming to fit.
Tint 4 oz. portions of fondant each in rose, blue, green and orange; roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut 8 x 1/2 in. strips; attach on cake sides with damp brush.
Pipe tip 5 dots on color strips. For each cake, make a tip 102 rose with tip 7 base. Attach rose to cake top with dots of icing.
At reception: Position cakes on stand.