What’s the Buzz, Easter Egg?
Hard Cooked Eggs
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (1 oz. makes 1 egg)Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Candy Eyeballs Add to shopping list Candy Eyeballs
- Easy-Add Black Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Black Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
thin uncooked spaghetti
Each egg serves one
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
Step 1Color egg yellow; let set.
Step 2Tint a 1/2 oz. ball of fondant black and roll 1/4 oz. in. blue.
Step 3Roll out black fondant 1/16 in. thick and cut two stripes, each 5 1/2 in. long x 1/2 in. wide. Attach black fondant stripes to egg with piping gel, spacing approximately 3/8 in. apart.
Step 4Roll out black fondant 1/16 in. thick; using wide end of 2A, cut out bee stinger base. Use 1/4 in. ball of black fondant to form stinger into cone shape. Attach stinger to base with piping gel. Set aside.
Step 5Roll four 1/4 in. black fondant balls and attach to bottom of egg with melted candy to stabilize.
Step 6Attach candy eyeballs to face with melted candy.
Step 7Roll out blue fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use medium oval Cut-Out to cut two wings. Trim 1/2 in. off a narrow end of oval and overlap wings and attach together with piping gel. Let set.
Step 8Draw smile on egg with black FoodWriter edible color marker. Color two 3/4 in. lengths of uncooked spaghetti, for antennae. Attach a 1/8 in. round piece of black fondant to each antennae.
Step 9Attach wings, antennae and stinger to body with melted black candy
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more