What’s the Buzz, Easter Egg?
Spring is definitely in the air with these cute bees embellished with rolled fondant details. Use Oval Cut-Outs Fondant Cutters and eyeball icing decorations to make this character almost come to life.
- Hard Cooked Eggs
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant (1 oz. makes 1 egg)Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Candy Eyeballs Add to shopping list Candy Eyeballs
- Easy-Add Black Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Black Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- thin uncooked spaghetti
Each egg serves one
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
Step 1Color egg yellow; let set.
Step 2Tint a 1/2 oz. ball of fondant black and roll 1/4 oz. in. blue.
Step 3Roll out black fondant 1/16 in. thick and cut two stripes, each 5 1/2 in. long x 1/2 in. wide. Attach black fondant stripes to egg with piping gel, spacing approximately 3/8 in. apart.
Step 4Roll out black fondant 1/16 in. thick; using wide end of 2A, cut out bee stinger base. Use 1/4 in. ball of black fondant to form stinger into cone shape. Attach stinger to base with piping gel. Set aside.
Step 5Roll four 1/4 in. black fondant balls and attach to bottom of egg with melted candy to stabilize.
Step 6Attach candy eyeballs to face with melted candy.
Step 7Roll out blue fondant 1/16 in. thick. Use medium oval Cut-Out to cut two wings. Trim 1/2 in. off a narrow end of oval and overlap wings and attach together with piping gel. Let set.
Step 8Draw smile on egg with black FoodWriter edible color marker. Color two 3/4 in. lengths of uncooked spaghetti, for antennae. Attach a 1/8 in. round piece of black fondant to each antennae.
Step 9Attach wings, antennae and stinger to body with melted black candy
0 Reviews by the community
0 Questions by the community