What the Heart Wants Cake
Love is a many-textured thing. This heart cake combines pretty stand-up fondant hearts on a rosette-covered top, neatly-combed sides and a shell and zigzag bottom border.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix Add to shopping list Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix
- Easy-Add Pink Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list Pink Cake Sparkles™
Cake serves 18.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Heart Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Heart Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Icing Comb Set Add to shopping list Icing Comb Set
- Easy-Add Straight Spatula Add to shopping list Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Two days in advance: Roll out pink-tinted fondant and cut 13-15 hearts using second smallest cut-out. Let pieces dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Ice smooth 2-layer cake (bake two 1 1/2 in. layers to form 3 in. high cake); ice sides at least 1/2 in. thick. Comb cake sides with Icing Sculptor, using ivory ("W"-shaped) blades. Pipe tip 1M rosettes on cake top; sprinkle with Cake Sparkles and position fondant hearts. Pipe tip 18 shell bottom border; overpipe with tip 18 zigzags.