What a Cut-Up! Cake
Make them laugh! Construct a quirky clown by adding fondant features to Classic Wonder Mold and 10 in. x 2 in. Round Pan cakes stacked on a Silly-Feet Cake and Treat Stand.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 26.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Classic Wonder Mold Add to shopping list Classic Wonder Mold
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M (2110) Add to shopping list Tip: 1M (2110)
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 15 Add to shopping list Tip: 15
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Silly-Feet Cake and Treat Stand Add to shopping list Silly-Feet Cake and Treat Stand
- 2008 Pattern Book (Head, Hands, Hat)Easy-Add 2008 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2008 Pattern Book
- (12 in. of each color) Red, blue, yellow curling ribbon and balloons
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make fondant head and hat. Tint 3 oz. fondant copper (skin tone) and 2 oz. yellow; combine copper with 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex and yellow with 1/4 teaspoon. Roll out 1/8 in. thick; cut head and hat using patterns and knife. Let dry 48 hours on cornstarch-dusted surface. When dry, decorate using royal icing on waxed paper covered board. With tip 5, outline and pipe in mouth; add bead tongue (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 5 dot eyes, nose and cheeks (flatten and smooth with finger); add dot pupils (flatten and smooth). Pipe tip 18 C-motion hair. Attach hat, pipe tip 18 pull-out pompom and fringe; let dry 48 hours.
Also: Make right hand (left hand holding balloons will be made when cake is assembled). Roll out white fondant 1/2 in. thick; cut hand using pattern and knife. Shape fingers. Insert lollipop stick in hand; let dry 48 hours on cornstarch-dusted surface. Attach two lollipop sticks to back of head with melted candy for support; let dry.
Bake and cool 1-layer round cake and Classic Wonder Mold cake (use firm-textured batter such as pound cake). Prepare for stacked construction on double-thick, foil-wrapped board. Trim 10 in. cake to match angle of Wonder Mold Cake. Cut dowel rods 6 in. long for arms; insert in cake sides leaving 3 in. exposed. Ice cake and arms smooth in buttercream. Tint 4 oz. fondant yellow, roll out 1/8 in. thick and cut into 1 x 3 in. strips. Attach to bottom of cake, 1 in. apart. Pipe tip 1M zigzags around waist, neck and sleeves. Pipe tip 1M swirl buttons. Use wide opening of tip 18 to imprint dots on costume; pipe in dots with tip 5 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Make left hand. Cut 2 lollipop sticks to 7 in. long and 1 to 8 in. long. Slightly bend sticks 2 in. from one end and attach 2 in. inside of dowel rod arm with melted candy, placing longer stick in middle; let set. Roll out white fondant 1/2 in. thick. Reverse pattern and cut hand with knife. Shape fingers; wrap around to form fist. Tie balloons to lollipop sticks; tie on curling ribbon. Insert head into cake. Position on stand at party.
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red for red shown.