Well Done, SpongeBob! Cake
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Yellow Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Yellow Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
Cake serves 36.
- Easy-Add SpongeBob SquarePants™ Cake Pan Add to shopping list SpongeBob SquarePants™ Cake Pan
- Easy-Add 9 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Soccer Ball Pan Add to shopping list Soccer Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 10 in. Silver Cake Bases Add to shopping list 10 in. Silver Cake Bases
In advance: Make SpongeBob candy plaque.
Pipe details into SpongeBob pan using melted candy in cut parchment bags. Tint candy as follows: 2 oz. lime green (combine green and yellow candy colors), 1 oz. each blue, red, pink (combine pink and orange candy colors) and black (brown fondant pants are added later); reserve melted white. Pipe in black pupils and inside of mouth; pipe in lime spots and red tie. Chill to set.
Pipe in blue of eyes and pink tongue; chill. Pipe in whites of eyes, teeth, shirt, pant area and sleeves; chill. Melt 2 bags yellow Candy Melts; pour into pan for arms and head, filling pan only up to background areas. Chill until completely set; unmold.
Using melted candy in cut parchment bags, pipe black lashes, red cheeks, freckles and lip. Overpipe back of arms for support. Let set. Attach plastic dowel rod to back of plaque with melted candy, allowing 3 1/2 in. of dowel rod to extend at bottom to insert into cake.
Bake and cool 1 soccer ball (trim flat side for a 3 1/2 in. high cake) and two 9 in. rounds (trim each to 1 1/2 in. high). Place each cake on cake circle cut to same size and prepare for Stacked Construction rolled fondant. Tint fondant as follows: 28 oz. light brown (bun), 14 oz. dark brown (burger), 5 oz. medium brown (pants), 9 oz. green (lettuce), 8 oz. yellow (cheese), 3 oz. golden yellow (legs), 3 oz. black, 1/2 oz. each of blue, red, tan (seeds); reserve 1 oz. white.
Make sandwich - For bun halves, cover soccer ball and 1 round cake with light brown fondant. For burger, ice the 2nd round cake and cut mini marshmallows into 1/4 to 1/2 in. pieces; attach to sides for texture. Cover with dark brown fondant. For cheese, roll out fondant 1/4 in thick; cut a 8 1/2 in. square. For lettuce, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; use a 10 in. circle as a guide then use knife to cut a wavy edge 1/2 in. larger than circle. Stack bottom bun, burger, cheese, lettuce and round top on Cake Base. Insert a sharpened 12 in. wooden dowel rod through cakes; the plastic dowel rod from candy plaque will be placed over this.
Roll out medium brown fondant 1/16 in. thick; cut a 7 x 1 1/4 in. strip for pants. Use melted candy to attach around candy plaque, trimming as needed. Cut 6 very thin strips 1 in. long and attach for belt. Insert candy plaque into cake top. Roll 2 fondant logs 3/4 x 1 1/2 in. and flatten slightly for pant legs; roll 2 logs 1/4 x 2 in. and curve for legs. Attach legs to pant legs with melted candy. Roll out white fondant 1 in. thick; cut 2 strips 3/4 x 2 1/2 in. and wrap around legs for socks. Attach 1/8 in. wide red and blue stripes using damp brush. Shape 1 in. long shoes and push onto legs. Use melted candy to attach pant legs and back of shoes in position on cake. Shape teardrop sesame seeds and attach to bun with damp brush.