Welcome Beacon Cake
Looking for something different? How about this lighthouse-topped cake! We began with the Enchanted Castle pan and transformed the top with some easy techniques. Marbleized candies, made in the Seashells mold, land on the shore to complete the scene.
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Orange Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
2 in. piece of uncooked spaghetti
granulated brown sugar
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Enchanted Castle Pan Add to shopping list Enchanted Castle Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Tapered Spatula Add to shopping list Tapered Spatula
- Easy-Add Seashells Candy Mold Add to shopping list Seashells Candy Mold
In advance, mold 12 marbleized seashell candies: Melt orange and white Candy Melts in separate bowls. Spoon a small amount of orange melted candy into white melted candy; stir in zigzag motion, do not mix completely. Spoon candy into molds. Refrigerate to set; unmold and set aside.
On top half of cake, ice sides and top smooth with blue icing. On bottom half of cake, ice sides and top smooth with brown icing. Press brown sugar into brown icing area to resemble sand. Trace lighthouse pattern on cake with toothpick. Pipe-in and build-up lighthouse with tip 10 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Outline lighthouse, door, windows and railing with tip 3. Cover lighthouse with tip 16 stars. Insert uncooked spaghetti piece into bag filled with black icing and fitted with tip 3, pull out slowly to cover completely. Insert spaghetti piece in top of lighthouse; attach gumball to tip with icing. Pipe tip 7 dot clouds; outline tip 3 trees and birds. Position seashell candies around base of cake.