Wearing His Spring Coat Cake
A sweet springtime lamb shows off his new coat at your Easter celebration. Create this gorgeous lamb cake using the Stand-Up Lamb Pan Set; his curly fleece is made from white Candy Melts®.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix Add to shopping list Vanilla Whipped Icing Mix
- Easy-Add Assorted Jordan Almonds Add to shopping list Assorted Jordan Almonds
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Lamb Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Lamb Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Straight Spatula Add to shopping list Straight Spatula
- Zip-Close Plastic Bag
- Potato peeler or cheese plane
In advance: Make candy curls. Add 2 tablespoons shortening to 1 pk. Candy Melts. Use Mini Loaf Pan to mold a candy plaque 1/2 to 1 in. thick. When completely chilled, run a potato peeler (tight curls) or cheese plane (open curls) over narrow end.
Bake and cool lamb cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake.
Ice face and ears smooth; pipe tip 2 dot eyes, nose and inside ears (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Add tip 2 string mouth. Ice remainder of cake and cover with candy curls.
Tint coconut green by placing shredded coconut in a zip-close sandwich bag. Add a few drops of icing color (diluted slightly with water). Shake and knead bag until color is evenly distributed and sprinkle around cake. Position Jordan Almonds.*Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.