Water Colors Cake
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Nonpareils Sprinkle Decorations Add to shopping list White Nonpareils Sprinkle Decorations
- Easy-Add Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Rainbow Nonpareils Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Nonpareils 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment Add to shopping list Nonpareils 6-Mix Sprinkle Assortment
- Jelly fruit disk candy
- White hollow-center candy
- Favorite crisped rice cereal treats recipe
- vegetable pan spray
Cake serves 45. Each cereal treat serves 1.
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Pie Pan or other shallow containerEasy-Add Pie Pan Add to shopping list Pie Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 352 Add to shopping list Tip: 352
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Scissors or knife
In advance, make candy coral pieces for cake top. Pour a layer of nonpareils in pie pan. Melt white candy in parchment bag; cut bag and pipe outlines in coral shapes on top of nonpareils. Immediately pour additional nonpareils over coral, covering completely. Let set in freezer until firm. Attach coral to lollipop sticks with melted candy; let set. Repeat for each color.
For fish, prepare marshmallow mixture for cereal treats; divide mixture in thirds and tint yellow, green and orange. Prepare mini ball pan with non-stick spray; press each mixture into 2 cavities and unmold onto waxed paper. Attach ball halves together with melted candy to form bodies; press "ball" down to flatten bottom. For fins and tail, cut jelly fruit candy in half; attach to body with melted candy. For lips, cut jelly fruit candy in a V shape; attach. Attach hollow-center candies for eyes; pipe tip 3 black icing dot pupils.
Bake and cool your favorite 2-layer 9 x 13 in. cake. Position cake on foil-covered cake board. Prepare for fondant by lightly icing with buttercream.
Marbleize fondant by rolling white fondant into a ball, kneading until it is soft and pliable. Using a toothpick, add dots of blue icing color in several spots. Knead fondant slightly until color begins to blend in, creating marbleized streaks. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cover cake; smooth.
With tinted buttercream icing, pipe alternating tip 352 leaf coral and tip 16 pull-out plants on cake sides. Pipe tip 12 puff bottom border; sprinkle with jumbo nonpareils. Position fish on cake top. Insert cake top coral, trimming sticks as needed.