Violets on the Vine Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cut-N-Spin Rotating Cutting Board Add to shopping list Cut-N-Spin Rotating Cutting Board
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Flower Forming Cups Add to shopping list Flower Forming Cups
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
In advance: Make seven flowers. Tint 2 oz. fondant light violet, 2 oz. dark violet. Knead 1/8 teaspoon of Gum-Tex into each color. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Place on Cut-N-Spin; use Cutter/Embosser to cut five free-form outer petals for each flower, 1 1/2 in. long. Roll a 1/4 in. ball of light violet fondant for base; flatten slightly and attach petals upright with Thinned Fondant Adhesive. Let dry in cornstarch-dusted flower formers. Roll out dark violet fondant 1/16 in. thick. Place on Cut-N-Spin; use Cutter/Embosser to cut five free-form inner petals for each flower, 3/4 in. long. Attach to outer petals with adhesive. Roll a 1/8 in. ball of light violet fondant for flower center. Attach with adhesive. Let dry overnight.
*Combine violet with rose for light violet shown. Combine violet with rose and royal blue for dark violet shown.
Bake and cool 2-layer cakes. Position on foil-wrapped boards. Prepare cakes for stacked construction. Prepare cakes for covering with rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover cakes with light violet fondant. Smooth with Fondant Smoother.
Pipe tip 6 bead bottom borders in light violet buttercream.
Tint remaining green fondant a darker shade. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Place on Cut-N-Spin; use Cutter/Embosser to cut 12 free-form leaves from 1 1/2 in. to 3 in. long. Score a vein line down center of each leaf with Cutter/Embosser. Attach vines, leaves and flowers to cake using adhesive.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more