Violets Arise Cake
Speed up the decorating process with a few nifty tools. Use our Decorating Comb to create narrow or wide ridges in iced surfaces and a Decorator Dessert Pro® to apply icing in interesting ways and shapes.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing
- Easy-Add White Nonpareils Sprinkle Decorations Add to shopping list White Nonpareils Sprinkle Decorations
- Easy-Add Soft Lavender Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Soft Lavender Colored Sugar
butter cake recipe
Cake serves 14.
- Easy-Add Dessert Decorator Pro™ Add to shopping list Dessert Decorator Pro™
- 12 x 18 x 1 in. Jelly Roll
- Tip: 1 (included with Dessert Decorator Pro™)Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Tip: 1M (included with Dessert Decorator Pro™)Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
- Easy-Add Quick Ease Roller Add to shopping list Quick Ease Roller
- Easy-Add Decorating Comb Add to shopping list Decorating Comb
- Easy-Add 11 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 11 in. Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Waxed paper
In advance, make loops: Roll out fondant and cut 40 strips, 1/8 in. wide x 5 in. long. Brush ends with water and pinch together to form loops. Brush 20 loops with water and coat with nonpareils; leave 10 loops plain. Let dry on waxed paper dusted with cornstarch. Make violets: Tint a 2 in. ball of fondant violet with a small amount of rose. Using apple blossom cutter from flower set, cut 30 flowers. Follow set instructions to make violets; let dry. Brush with water and coat with lavender sugar. Pipe two tip 1 yellow buttercream dots in center of each flower.
Cut jelly roll cake into four 12 x 4 in. wide layers. Fill each layer and ice cake with French Buttercream Icing.
Comb sides with wide-tooth edge of decorating comb. Fill Dessert Decorator Pro™ fitted with tip 1M, with icing; pipe diagonal zigzags on top of cake.
Insert loops and position violets on cake top.