Violet Cascade Cake
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 24 Add to shopping list Tip: 24
- Easy-Add Tip: 129 Add to shopping list Tip: 129
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Metal Spatula Add to shopping list Metal Spatula
At least 2 days before decorating cake, make tip 129 light violet royal icing drop flowers with tip 3 dark violet dot centers and tip 24 light violet drop flowers with tip 2 dark violet dot centers on waxed paper-covered cake board (300 flowers were used for this project - make additional in case of breakage). Allow to dry completely.
Bake your favorite 2-layer cake recipe or mix in square pan. Cool cake in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely. Wrap cake board with foil. Arrange cake on prepared cake board.
Spatula ice cake smooth with buttercream icing. Position flowers in clusters on cake top and sides, using additional buttercream icing if necessary.