Veering Violets Cake
With cascading violets, this cake looks almost too pretty to eat! Flowers and leaves are simply, yet artfully created from rolled fondant using Sugar Sheets! Punch Set and Cutting Inserts.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 60
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Single Shape Punch Set Add to shopping list Single Shape Punch Set
- Easy-Add Layered Circles Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Layered Circles Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Flower Forming Cup Add to shopping list Flower Forming Cup
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Leaf Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Leaf Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
In advance, make fondant flowers and leaves. Tint 2 1/2 oz. fondant dark violet and another 2 1/2 oz. medium violet. Add 1/8 teaspoon of Gum-Tex to each. Tint 1 oz. fondant light violet. Add 1/16 teaspoon of Gum-Tex. Roll out all shades 1/8 in. thick. Using punch with Large Flower Cutting Insert, cut six medium violet flowers. Using punch with Medium Flower Cutting Insert, cut 16 flowers in dark violet. Using punch with Small Flower Cutting Insert, cut 19 flowers in light violet. Let large and medium flowers dry in Flower Forming Cups dusted with cornstarch. Place small flowers on Fondant Shaping Foam. Use ball tool from set to cup centers. Make extra flowers to allow for breakage; let dry. Tint 1/2 oz. of fondant golden yellow. Shape into 1/4 in. balls for the flower centers. Using a damp brush, attach yellow centers to the small flowers. Let dry. Make three 3-layer flowers by attaching medium and small flowers to large flower with piping gel. Make three 2-layer flowers by attaching small flower to large flower. Make 13 2-layer flowers by attaching small flower to medium flower.
To prepare cake board, tint 26 oz. fondant green. with 24 oz. green fondant. Roll out remaining fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using punch with Leaf Cutting Insert, cut 11 leaves. Let dry.
Bake and cool two-layer, 6 in., 8 in. and 10 in., cakes. Ice lightly with buttercream. Cover tiers with 79 oz. of , rolled 1/8 in. thick. Prepare cake for stacked construction. Place cake on prepared cake circle. Using tip 5 and buttercream, pipe bead border around each tier. Using royal icing, attach flowers and leaves to cake with tip 2 dots. Note: Combine violet with rose icing color for violet shown. Combine lemon yellow with golden yellow icing color for yellow shown.