Valentine Assembly Line Cake
Create a fondant centerpiece that will amaze your guests! Three angels are hard at work turning blocks of fondant into heart-shaped Valentines. A Horseshoe Cake forms the edible worktable.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Creamy Peach Icing Color Add to shopping list Creamy Peach Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
thick uncooked spaghetti
Cake serves 10.
- Easy-Add Horseshoe Pan Add to shopping list Horseshoe Pan
- Easy-Add Heart Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Heart Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add 16 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 16 in. Cake Circles
- Craft knife
- Cellophane Tape
- 10 x 2 in. high craft block
Three days in advance: Make floor using 24 oz. of fondant. Tape 2 cake circles together. Using pan as pattern, trace horseshoe shape, marking 2 in. off on each side of horseshoe ends. Cut out board 2 in. larger than pattern. Cover with fondant; reserve remaining fondant for cherubs. Also in advance: Make fondant cherubs using 10 oz. fondant. Reserve remainder of white for additional features.
Make fondant blocks and hearts. Add 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex to 24 oz. fondant. Divide fondant in 5ths and tint violet, rose, peach, yellow and green. Roll out colors 1 7/8 in. thick and cut two each 1 1/2 in. squares in rose, green and yellow and 1 each in violet and peach. Roll out violet and rose 1/4 in. thick and cut one 3 x 2 in. rectangle in each. Roll out colors 1/4 in. thick and cut at least 15 hearts in each color using medium Cut-Out. Print messages with FoodWriter.
Bake and cool 1-layer cake; trim 2 in. off each end of horseshoe. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant. Cover cake with fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Position cake on floor. Position cherubs and work area as shown; support cherubs with tiny balls of fondant if needed. Position hearts and fondant blocks.