Lighted Revolving …
Uplifting Lilies Cake
- Easy-Add Performance Pans™ Round Pans Add to shopping list Performance Pans™ Round Pans
- Performance Pans™ Round Pans 12 in.Easy-Add Performance Pans™ Round Pans Add to shopping list Performance Pans™ Round Pans
- Performance Pans™ Round Pans 16 in.Easy-Add Performance Pans™ Round Pans Add to shopping list Performance Pans™ Round Pans
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 14 Add to shopping list Tip: 14
- Easy-Add Tip: 363 Add to shopping list Tip: 363
- Easy-Add Tip: 67 Add to shopping list Tip: 67
- Easy-Add Bianca Figurine Add to shopping list Bianca Figurine
- Easy-Add Lighted Revolving Base Add to shopping list Lighted Revolving Base
- Easy-Add 10 in. Spiral Separator Set Add to shopping list 10 in. Spiral Separator Set
- Easy-Add 14 in. Spiral Separator Set Add to shopping list 14 in. Spiral Separator Set
- Easy-Add Lily Nail Set Add to shopping list Lily Nail Set
- Easy-Add Flower Stamen Assortment Add to shopping list Flower Stamen Assortment
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 18 in. round x 1/2 in. thick foamcore or plywood board
- 2 in. foil squares
- 57 in. 1/2 in. wide white ribbon
- Double-stick tape
Several days in advance: Make 100 lilies using royal icing, 1 5/8 in. lily nail and tips 67 and 14. Insert stamens, using all varieties, and let dry 1 to 2 days.
Ice 2-layer cakes smooth in buttercream and prepare for alternate 2-plate set-up with Spiral Separator Set. Use toothpicks to make guide marks 3/8 in. apart along top edge of each cake. Pipe tip 3 lines at guide marks down cake sides; start with a 3/4 in. line, then pipe 1 1/8 in., 1 1/2 in., 1 7/8 in. and 2 1/4 in. lines. Reverse order of lines from the 2 1/4 line, ascending to the next 3/4 in. line. Repeat for all cake sides. Pipe tip 3 balls at end of lines and tip 2 balls on lines.
Position lilies along top borders. Pipe tip 5 fleur de lis on back base of each lily to support on cake. Pipe tip 363 shell bottom borders.
At reception: Assemble cakes on stands. Attach ribbon to cake base with double-stick tape. Position ornament on base and base on cake.*
*Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.
**The top tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the top tier.