Non-Stick Cooling …
Up, Up and Away Easter Bunny Mini Cake
- 5 ounces Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (per treat)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Mini Decorated Egg Cake Pan Add to shopping list Non-Stick Mini Decorated Egg Cake Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Paring Knife
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Oval Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Oval Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
Two days in advance make wings, tail wings, propeller and bunny. All pieces will need to dry 48 hours.
Tint fondant as follows: 3 1/2 oz. blue, 1/2 oz. green, 1/8 oz. lemon yellow/golden yellow combination, 1/8 oz. rose. Knead 1/4 teaspoon of Gum-Tex into 1 1/2 oz. blue fondant and 1/8 teaspoon of Gum-Tex into other colors. Reserve remaining blue fondant for cake.
For wings and tail, roll out blue fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using airplane wing and tail pattern, cut out pieces with knife.
For propeller, roll out green fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using smallest oval Cut-Out, cut four oval blades. For axle, cut out two circles using the wide end and narrow end of tip 12. Position all blades so ends point together. Attach small circle to large circle using damp brush; attach to top of blades using damp brush.
For steering wheel, roll yellow fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using wide end of tip 2A, cut out circle.
Bunny: For ears, roll fondant 1/8 in. thick, and cut two pieces, 1 3/4 in. long x 5/8 in. wide, tapering ends. Roll pink fondant 1/8 in. thick, and cut two pieces, 1 1/4 in. long x 3/8 in. wide, tapering ends. Attach pink pieces onto white pieces using damp brush. Let set.
For head, roll 3/4 in. ball in white fondant. For nose, roll 3/16 in. pink fondant ball. Attach with damp brush.
To assemble: Attach tail fin and wings together with thinned fondant adhesive. Let set.
Using thinned fondant adhesive, attach lollipop sticks to bottom of wings, leaving 1 1/2 in. extended. Let set.
Bake mini cakes in pan. Remove and cool completely. Prepare cakes for fondant covering. Roll out blue fondant and cover cake. Smooth with hand.
Roll out green fondant, and cut out oval using medium Oval Cut-Out. Place on top of plane for cockpit opening. Insert wings in cake, and attach tail wing with thinned fondant adhesive.
To attach bunny ears, with knife, make two small slits in head; position ears and adhere using thinned fondant adhesive. Pipe dot eyes using tip 2 and black buttercream icing. Outline mouth.
For hands, roll two 1/2 in. white fondant balls. With knife, indent fingers and cut thumbs. Mold hands around steering wheel and attach with thinned fondant adhesive. Attach to plane.
Attach bunny head to plane with thinned fondant adhesive.
*Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown.