Unveiling a Masterpiece Cake
This cake is almost as beautiful as the bride! Draped, swirled and adorned with pretty fondant bows and icing lacework, these tiers are a treat to behold. The Good Fairy Cake Topper and Embroidered Wrapped Pillars add a hint of elegance.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 212.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 15 in. Hexagon Pan Add to shopping list 15 in. Hexagon Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Good Fairy Cake Topper Add to shopping list Good Fairy Cake Topper
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add 8 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate Add to shopping list 8 in. Decorator Preferred® Smooth Edge Plate
- Easy-Add Embroidered Wrapped Pillars Add to shopping list Embroidered Wrapped Pillars
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 28 in. diameter x 1/2 in. thick plywood board
- 8 in. diameter x 4 1/4 in. high wood or craft block
- 100 inches 1/2 in. wide ribbon
- Double-stick tape
Several days in advance: Make 6 large and 24 medium ribbon roses. Combine 48 oz. of fondant with 4 teaspoons of Gum-Tex. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. For large roses, cut 6 in. long x 1 in. strips; for medium roses, cut 6 in. long x 1/2 in. wide strips. Using remaining mixture, make 12 bow loops using 5 in. long x 1 1/2 in. wide strips. Let all dry on cornstarch-dusted surface. Reserve any leftover fondant for veils.
Prepare six 2-layer 8 in. round cakes, one each 2-layer 6 in. and 10 in. round cake, and one 2-layer 15 in. hexagon cake for Stacked and Pillar Construction. Prepare cakes for rolled fondant; cover cakes with fondant and smooth with Fondant Smoother. Divide 8 in. cakes into 4ths; decorate only the 2 sections of each cake which will face outward after assembly. Mark scallops from division points, 2 1/2 in. from base at lowest point. Pipe tip 1 sotas below scallops. Position cakes on foil-wrapped plywood board. Cover 8 in. diameter craft block with foil; position in center of cakes on board. Pipe tip 4 bead bottom borders. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut twelve 6 x 3 1/2 in. high strips. Make 12 swags. Attach to cake with damp brush.
Position hexagon cake on triple-thick cake boards cut to fit. On each side, mark lowest scallop point in center, 1 3/4in. from base of cake. At hexagon corners, mark 3 3/4 in. from base. Connect corners to lowest scallop point to form curves. Divide 10 in. cake into 12ths; mark 1 division at base, next division 2 in. up, next 3 in. up, then top edge of cake; reverse with descending markings at 3 in., 2 in. and base. Repeat process for other half of cake. Connect marks to form scallops. Position 10 in. round on hexagon cake; pipe tip 1 sotas on tops and scallop areas of both cakes. Edge hexagon scallop with tip 2 beads; pipe tip 4 bead bottom border on 10 in. cake. Make 12 fondant swags for 10 in. cake using 4 in. x 3 in. high strips; attach with damp brush. Divide 6 in. cake into 6ths. Mark 1 division at base, next division 1 1/2 in. up, next 2 1/2 in. up, then top edge of cake; reverse with descending markings at 2 1/2 in. and 1 1/4in., meeting back at base marking. Connect marks to form scallops. Pipe tip 1 sotas below scallops. Make 6 fondant swags using 4 x 3 in. high strips; attach to cake with damp brush. Mark 8 in. round cakes where hexagon cake will rest. Combine 96 oz. of fondant with 8 teaspoons of Gum-Tex; add reserved fondant. Make 6 fondant veils. Attach between 8 in. cakes with damp brush, 1/2 in. from markings for hexagon cake. Attach medium ribbon roses at swag points of 8, 10 and 6 in. cakes with melted candy.
At reception: Position hexagon cake on 8 in. cakes with 8 in. round foil-wrapped craft block in center; position 6 in. cake on plates and pillars. Pipe tip 4 bead bottom border on hexagon cake. Attach bow loops with damp brush at end of veils. Attach large ribbon roses with damp brush where loops meet. Attach ribbon to cake base using double-stick tape. Position ornament.
**Always place a separator plate, or cake board cut to fit, on the cake where you position any figurine or ornament. This protects both the cake and your keepsake. For extra stability, secure your figurine to the plate with double-stick craft tape.