Uncle Sam & Lady Liberty Cupcakes
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Buttercream icing (stiff consistancy)
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Silly-Feet! Silicone Baking Cups Add to shopping list Silly-Feet! Silicone Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Stars and Stripes Party Picks Add to shopping list Stars and Stripes Party Picks
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Waxed paper
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
In advance: Prepare fondant pieces. Mix 2 teaspoons Gum-Tex into 24 oz. of fondant. Tint 1 1/4 in. ball skin tone, 1 in. ball red, 3/4 in. ball blue, 1 1/2 in. ball green; reserve remaining white. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Use pattern to cut crown. For hat use pattern to cut white base. Cut red and blue strips about 1/8 in. wide for stripes; attach with damp brush. Let all pieces dry on cornstarch-dusted surface. Attach lollipop stick to back of hats with thinned fondant adhesive.
Bake and cool cupcakes in silicone cups supported by cookie sheet. Pipe tip 2A head, building up for dimension; round with spatula. For arms, cut lollipop sticks to 3 in. long. Insert 1 1/2 in. deep through tip 21 into bag of icing; squeeze as you pull out stick. For hands, divide skin tone fondant into 4ths. Roll each piece into a ball and flatten slightly. Shape hand and cut slits for fingers. Clean icing off 1/2 in. of iced arm; attach hand. Insert arms in cupcake. Use tip 3 to pipe dot or outline eyes; outline and pipe in mouths. Use tip 7 to pipe dot noses and tip 4 to pipe outline or pull-out hair. Insert flag picks; curl fingers around. Attach crown; insert hat.
Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red for red shown. Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown. Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.