Tulip Pan White Cake
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine , softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- Easy-Add Bake Easy™ Non-Stick Spray Add to shopping list Bake Easy™ Non-Stick Spray
Cake serves 10-12.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with vegetable pan spray.
In bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour mixture alternately with milk; mix well. Add vanilla. In separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; fold into batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Decorating Tip: Dust with confectioners' sugar or "paint" tulip with raspberry jam and stem/leaves with green piping gel to create vivid, colorful Tulips. Instead of the recipe above, another idea is to use a strawberry or orange cake mix that provides a slight color and additional flavor to the finished cake.