Truffles on the Tree! Candy
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- 5 packages White Candy Melts® Candy for one ornamentEasy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Ruby Red Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Ruby Red Pearl Dust™
- Chopped nuts
Each truffle serves 1.
- Easy-Add Sport Ball Pan Add to shopping list Sport Ball Pan
- Easy-Add 6-Cup Standard Muffin Pan Add to shopping list 6-Cup Standard Muffin Pan
- Cookie Sheet or warming trayEasy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Truffles Candy Mold Add to shopping list Truffles Candy Mold
- Easy-Add White Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list White Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Waxed paper
In advance: Use Sports Ball Pan to make candy shells. Use ring from set to stabilize ball halves in refrigerator.
Also: Make candy shell for ornament topper using Standard Baking Cup. Refrigerate until firm; unmold, then brush on White Pearl Dust.
And: Mold 20 white candies in Truffles Candy Mold, filling cavities only 3/4 full. Chill, unmold then brush on white Pearl Dust. Make cocoa truffles to fill ornament following recipe.
Tint 6 oz. fondant red; roll out 1/16 in. thick. Use pattern to cut 12 triangles. Roll with ridged wheel of Cutter/Embosser to imprint lines, starting 1/2 in. from edge and meeting at tip. Use Cake Divider to divide each shell half into 6ths. Brush backs of triangles with damp brush and attach to candy shell within divisions.
Roll 48 red fondant balls, 1/4 in. diameter; attach to fondant triangles, about 3/4 in. apart, using fondant adhesive. Cut 1/4 in. wide red fondant strips and attach around white section edges of bottom candy shell with melted candy to be even with red edges. Attach white candies around outside edge of shell using melted candy; position so half of candy extends above edge of candy shell. Fill bottom shell with cocoa truffles. Position top shell. Attach ornament topper with melted candy. Roll a 4 in. long fondant rope, 1/4 in. diameter. Bend for ornament hook and let set about 1 hour. Attach to topper with melted candy; brush on white Pearl Dust. Brush red fondant triangles with red Pearl Dust.
*Combine Red-Red with Christmas Red