Truffle Tower Cake
- Truffles Recipe (22 recipes needed)
- White Candy Melts® Candy (1 pk. needed)Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy (50 pks. needed)Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- chopped walnuts
- whipping cream
Cake serves 236.
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 14 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 14 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 16 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 16 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Sport Ball Pan Add to shopping list Sport Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 789 Add to shopping list Tip: 789
- Easy-Add Icing Comb Set Add to shopping list Icing Comb Set
- 6 in. Cake Circles (2 needed)Easy-Add 6 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 6 in. Cake Circles
- 8 in. Cake Circles (5 needed)Easy-Add 8 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 8 in. Cake Circles
- 10 in. Cake Circles (10 needed)Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circles
- 14 in. Cake Circle (1 needed)Easy-Add 14 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 14 in. Cake Circle
- 16 in. Cake Circles (3 needed)Easy-Add 16 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 16 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Gold Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Professional Turntable Add to shopping list Professional Turntable
- Easy-Add Straight Spatula Add to shopping list Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 16 in. Featherweight Decorating Bag Add to shopping list 16 in. Featherweight Decorating Bag
- 16 in. Plywood Circle
- 8 x 5 in. Craft Block
- Fresh Red Roses
In advance: Make the following chocolate-dipped truffles: 149 plain, 175 rolled in chopped walnuts and 202 topped with a swirl using melted white candy in cut parchment bag. Make 3/8 in. thick candy plaques in round pans: one each 8, 12 and 16 in., plus five 10 in. Refrigerate until firm, unmold. Make candy shell bowl 3/8 in. thick, in ball pan half. Refrigerate until firm; unmold.
Ice 2-layer 6, 10 and 14 in. cakes and five 8 in. cakes using Featherweight bag fitted with tip 789. Immediately use Icing Sculptor with U-shaped yellow blade to comb cake sides.
Position 6 and 10 in. cakes on same-size foil-wrapped circles; position 14 in. cake on 16 in. foil-wrapped plywood circle and position 8 in. cakes on triple-thick 10 in. foil-wrapped circles. Ice edges of circles around 8 and 14 in. cakes. Prepare cakes for stacked construction.
At reception: Top each 8 in. satellite cake with an 8 in. cake circle and a 10 in. candy plaque. Position satellite cakes around center craft block. Position 16 in. plywood circle and 14 in. cake on craft block; add 16 in. candy plaque on 14 in. circle, position 10 in. cake on 16 in. plaque, add 12 in. plaque on 10 in. circle, position 6 in. cake on 12 in. plaque, add 8 in. plaque on 6 in. cake, position candy shell bowl on 8 in. plaque.
Fill bowl with assorted truffles and position additional truffles on all satellite cake tops and around tiers. Position fresh roses between satellite cakes.
*Note: The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the smallest tier.
*Brand confectionery coating.