Trouble’s Brewing Witch Cake
Trick out the Wilton Wonder Mold Kit this Halloween by transforming it to a wicked witch. The Chocolate Pro Electric Chocolate Melter makes a great cauldron to dip cake pops into melted Candy Melts candy.
- Easy-Add Lime Green Color Dust Add to shopping list Lime Green Color Dust
- Easy-Add Spruce Green Color Dust Add to shopping list Spruce Green Color Dust
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add Vibrant Green Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Vibrant Green Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Black Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Black Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12; each treat serves 1.
- cotton swab
- Wonder Mold Kit (doll pic and pan used)Easy-Add Wonder Mold Kit Add to shopping list Wonder Mold Kit
- Waxed paper
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Tip Brush Add to shopping list Tip Brush
- Easy-Add 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 13 in. Sheet Pan
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Chocolate Pro™ Electric Chocolate Melter Add to shopping list Chocolate Pro™ Electric Chocolate Melter
One day in advance, create witch. Mix together 1/2 teaspoon of lime green Color Dust with 1/2 teaspoon of spruce green Color Dust. Use a cotton swab to apply Color Dust mix to doll’s face, neck and hands.
Cut doll’s hair to different lengths with scissors. Prepare royal icing and tint black. Lay doll on waxed paper-covered cake circle. Apply thinned black icing to doll’s hair using tip brush.
Bake and cool Wonder Mold.
Trim Wonder Mold cake, taking 1/2 in. all around. Prepare for fondant covering. Place on a foil-wrapped cake circle.
Roll out black fondant 1/8 in. Cover cake; build up fondant around top of mold, 1 in. high x 7/8 in. wide. Cover with another layer of fondant. Trim front half of dress even. On back half of dress, cut triangles, 1 in. to 1/4 in., so it looks torn. Also, cut triangles, 1/4 in. to 1/2 in., up back of dress.
Roll out black fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a strip, 3 in. x 5 in. Brush doll’s body with piping gel. Cover doll’s body, trimming as necessary. Trim neckline, 1/2 in.
Roll out black fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut strips, 3 1/4 in. x 4 in. Cut triangles, 1 in. to 1/2 in. long, on each side of 3 1/4 in. length, leaving 3/4 in. on trimmed triangles. Leave 1 in. down center uncut. Attach strips to each arm so triangles hang down.
Insert doll into dress. Roll out black fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut strip, 1/4 in. x 2 1/2 in. Attach around neckline. Cut a strip, 1/4 in. x 3 in., and wrap around waist.
Melt Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Dip cake pop in candy and place stick in doll’s hand. Attach with candy.